The site was updated with the theme and speakers selected by the Board of Directors.
- Roundup attendance – 7,439!
- Theme: We Will Be Amazed
- Roundup attendance – 7,080
- Theme: Living In The Solution!
- A workshop on the roundup theme was added. Attendance was standing room only.
- Roundup attendance – 7,100
- Theme: Willing To Go To Any Length
- Roundup attendance – 7,069
- Theme: Acceptance Is The Key
- Roundup attendance – 8,043
- Theme: The Courage To Change
- Roundup attendance – 7,910
- Theme: When Anyone, Anywhere…
- Roundup attendance – 8,245
- Have you ever wondered how Gopher State Roundup started? What speakers were at the first Roundup? The answers to these questions and many more will be discussed by two of the roundup founders. The GSR Board is aware that this event has special meaning to many members of our fellowship. Some of the special memories of past roundups will be shared. See items from the roundup archives which is in addition to the Area 36 Archive display.
- We are interested in your Gopher State Roundup memories! Please see the attached flyer for a way to share some of those life-changing events that happen.
Alsosee the attached template for an easy-to-use form to help share those memories! The completed template can be emailed to:firstname.lastname@example.org (please put in the subject line “History Committee”).
- Online registration is available.
- Theme: I Am Responsible
- Roundup attendance – 8,536
Hotelchanged nameto Doubletree from Sheraton
- History meeting speaker, Bill B. was a close personal friend of Lois W. for more than 15 years before her passing in 1988. He was nominated for an Emmy for writing the Hallmark film, “My Name Is Bill W.” based on the lives of Bill W. and Dr. Bob and the founding of Alcoholics Anonymous. Bill felt the story of Al-Anon must also be told and the heroic role Lois played in its founding. Hallmark Hall of Fame purchased the film rights to his book, “The Lois Wilson Story: When Love is Not Enough.”
- Theme: Language of the Heart
- Roundup attendance – 8,253
- Onsite volunteer signup table
- Theme: Grow Along Spiritual Lines